Sunday, April 21, 2019
A Homesick Carta to Jonathaniel and Rose-Claree:
Good morning Jon and Rose,
I hope you and your mother are enjoying yourselves at home. I do wish terribly to return home soon. But somebody has to stand up to the big, bad Yankees, and that would be me and our savior, General Lee. I may not be here now, but I promise when I return we will have such fun frolicking in the park, riding horses, and eating your mother's delicious cream pies. I wanted to let you two know that I love you so much and very proud of you. Take care of yourselves and good to Mommy and Grandpa. I've also sent a photograph of me and the boys preparing for battle. Stay out of trouble.
With love,
Daddy💙
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Massachusetts 54 Poem
Massachusetts 54 poem Morale was high at The beginning but it kept Getting worse and worse They marched constantly Soldiers did not h...

No comments:
Post a Comment